Thursday, September 27, 2007

Letter Home to Pagan Parents from Elementary School Teacher

Letter Home to Pagan Parents from Elementary School Teacher
>
>
> Dear Mr. and Mrs. Thomas,
>
>
> I write this letter in concern of your daughter, Aradia Moon. Please
> don't take this the wrong way, however, although she is a straight A
> student and a very bright child, she has some strange habits that I
> feel we should address.
>
> Every morning before class, she insists on walking around the room
> with her pencil in the air. She says she is "drawing down the moon." I
> told her art class is in an hour and to please refrain until then to
> do any drawing.
>
> And speaking of art class, whenever she draws a night sky, she insists
> on drawing little circles around all the stars and people dancing on
> the ground. And that brings up dancing, I had to stop her twice for
> taking off her clothes during a game of Ring Around the Rosés! By the
> way, what does "sky clad" mean?
>
> Aradia has no problem with making friends. I always find her sitting
> outside during recess with her friends sitting around her in a circle.
> She likes to share her juice and cookies. It is nice how she wants no
> one to ever thirst or hunger. However, when I walked over to see what
> they were doing, she jumped up and told me to stop, pulled out a
> little plastic knife and started waiving it in front of me. I thought
> this a bit dangerous, so I took her to the Principal's Office. She
> explained to the Principal that she was "opening the circle" to let me
> in. She also said that her Mommy and Daddy always told her not to play
> or run with an "athame" in her hand, that she could put someone's eye
> out. I don't know what an "athame" is, but I'm glad she keeps it at
home.
>
> As for stories, your daughter tends to make up some whoppers. Just
> yesterday while I was talking sternly to Tommy Johson and shaking my
> finger at him, he started screaming and ran from the room. When I
> finally caught him, he told me Aradia told him and the rest of the
> class that the last time I shook my finger at someone, they caught the
> chicken pox. I explained to him that the Sally Jones incident was just
> a coincidence, and that things like that don't really happen.
> One of the strangest things that happened was when I asked the
> children to bring in Halloween decorations for the classroom. Aradia
> brought in salt, incense, and her family album. I see she has quite a
> sense of humor.
>
> One of Aradia's worst habits is that she is very argumentative. We
> were discussing what the Golden Rule was (Do Unto Others as you would
> have them Do Unto You), she firmly disagreed with me and stated that
> it was "Do As you Will, but Harm None" and she will not stop saying
> "So Mote It Be" after she reads aloud in class. I try to correct her
> on these matters and she got very angry. She pointed her finger at me
> and mumbled something under her breath.
>
> In closing, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas, I would like to set up a
> parent/teacher conference with you sometime next week to discuss these
> matters. I would like to see you sooner, but I have developed an
> irritating rash that I am quite worried about.
>
> With deep concerns,
> Mrs. Livingston
>
> P.S. Blessed Be. I understand this is a greeting or closing from your
> country that your daughter informs me is polite and correct.

No comments: