Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Old Man in the Rocking Chair

My parents got divorced in the summer of 1986. The following summer, my dad was staying with my cousins at their home. I went to visit him there.
One night about 8pm while my cousin and I were in a room upstairs playing, an old man suddenly appeared in the rocking chair in the corner of the room. My cousin immediately ran downstairs, but I stayed in the room, unafraid because I have had previously experiences with ghost. I walked right up next to the chair where the old man was sitting and asked," where did you come from"? He smiled in responce. Hearing a noice, I turned around expecting to find my cousin. No one was there. When I turned back around to face the old man, he was gone. He just vanished, though he looked solid, like a normal person in every detail. A couple weeks later, I was looking through a photo album and was shocked to find the very same man sitting in the rocking chair. I asked my mom who it was in the picture. She told me It was my Grandfather, who had died before I was born.
Kevin Wenzel

No comments: